Yotta helps Americans make better financial decisions by using behavioral psychology and gamification to make it fun and easy to make good decisions. We have grown from $0 to hundreds of millions in dollars deposited through word of mouth and referrals. Yotta is backed by world-class investors like Base10, Core Innovation Capital, YCombinator, Slow Ventures, Ken Moelis, and Cliff Asness. Yotta was recently featured in Bloomberg.
40% of Americans are unable to come up with $400 in an emergency, yet the average household spends $640/year on the lottery, despite the lottery being the worst economic value proposition there is. Why does this dichotomy exist? Because playing the lottery is instantly gratifying and saving isn’t.
We are making saving money instantly gratifying so that people can get the long term benefit. Our first product is Yotta Savings, a savings account that gives savers the chance to win exciting prizes on a weekly basis through a gamified sweepstakes.
We were inspired by Premium Bonds, a program in the UK that works the exact same way and has over $100 billion in deposits from over 1/3 of the British population. This concept has been hugely successful in every country it’s been tried in, but it was illegal in the U.S until 2015.
We believe that in the next 10 years, Americans will save hundreds of billions of dollars in prize-linked savings accounts.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for an associate growth marketer to work alongside our Head of Growth (Trevor Ford) to drive strategic marketing initiatives. This person will play a pivotal role in defining our growth strategy and scaling our business, from our current 150k users to millions more.
As an early employee, you would have the opportunity to implement key brand and media decisions for the bank of the future. Banking is one of the last industries to be disrupted by technology so there will be no shortage of hard problems to solve as we grow.
- Identify gaps & opportunities, build hypotheses, and launch experiments to boost conversion within our marketing funnel
- Own the process of iterating on experiments and taking them across the finish line, including ideating new campaigns, working with product and engineering to execute tests, monitoring results, and collaborating with teams to implement learnings
- Explore, test, and refine new user acquisition channels that may include influencer marketing, native, affiliate/performance marketing, podcast sponsorship, SEO, thought leadership, SMS, direct mail, and more
- Optimize emails, landing pages, app store pages, push notifications, and organic content by setting up A/B tests in platforms such as SendGrid, Firebase, Google Optimize, and Facebook, and then analyzing and reporting results.
- Prioritize and maintain a roadmap of acquisition, activation, retention, referral, and revenue opportunities
- Conduct user surveys, user interviews, usability studies, and merge qualitative and quantitative data points to help inform new features and product decisions.
- Expand our reach by understanding and documenting common user personas and developing unique value propositions using your learnings.
Why work at Yotta
- You can help millions of Americans build up their emergency savings
- You will be one of the first hires of a Series A funded, YC-backed, venture funded startup that has grown exponentially without any advertising
- Opportunity to drive the vision for the future of banking and gamification of personal finance
- Significant autonomy and ability to contribute the success of the company
- Opportunity to work cross-functionally at the marketing, growth, and product
Who you’ll be working with
- A background in marketing, growth, PR, or related discipline
- You have the ability to synthesize data, make data-driven decisions, and balance quantitative measurement with an intuition-driven bias to action. SQL experience is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Equal parts creative and analytical approach to problem solving
- Familiar with growth and startup metrics like CAC, LTV, ARPU, viral coefficient, retention, churn, etc.
How to Apply
Does this position sound like a good fit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include this role’s title in your subject line (it’ll help us to sort through the emails).
- Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you’ve built and done.
- Attach your resume